L’Heureux & Co. has over 17 years’ experience in the Turks and Caicos Islands and offers superior legal and conveyancing services at highly competitive rates. We will take the time to explain the process and, importantly, keep you updated in a way that is convenient for you. We will be your main point of contact and make it our business to be aware of every detail of your transaction.
Below is a step-by-step guide to give you some insight into how we can help you through your property transaction:
- Examine your Preliminary Agreement and offer preliminary advice;
- Drafting Agreements for Purchase and Sale and advising on information provided;
- Arrange Land Registry searches for matters such as appurtenances and encumbrances affecting the land;
- Prepare legal documentation in accordance with Land Registry requirements and attend to registration;
- Liaise with your financier regarding discharging existing Charge or registration of new Charge;
- Handling all strata adjustments in the condo environment;
- Preparation of a Closing Statement (a breakdown of all fees, stamp duty, survey fees and other charges, and overall balance due to/by you);
- Arranging payments on your behalf to necessary Government departments for stamp duty and registration fees;
- Updating you of any particular obligations relating to Strata Titles, Encumbrances, Easements, etc.;
- Coordinate settlement with all financiers and attorneys involved in the transaction and attending to registration at the Land Registry on your behalf;
Notifying the real estate agent of closing confirmation and change of ownership.